So you’ve run out of room at your home or your place of business, and you need add more space. Why should you add a pole barn instead of another type of structure? It’s a question we’re asked a lot – so we’ve come up with an answer. Here are the top five reasons we think you should add a pole barn to your home or business.
1. Flexibility: There’s no denying that pole barns can be flexible. You’re simply not locked into one type of shape or size structure. Here at HMP Builders, we have a number of pole barn stock kits, or we can create a custom design just for you.
2. Cost-Effectiveness: Pole barns often require a smaller initial investment than similar structures, like steel buildings. While there are maintenance costs over time, the same can be said of virtually any other structure.
3. Aesthetics: From the outside, can you tell a pole barn from a traditional wooden building or even a steel building? Most people can’t! This is because pole barns can look like just about any other building. You can make your pole barn look like a traditional barn, echo the style of your home, or make it completely unique.
4. Timing: It’s often faster to construct a pole barn, especially when you compare it to most stick-built structures.
5. Insulation: Here in Buffalo, NY, we have to consider how we’re going to keep warm in the winter. The good news is that pole barns can be easily insulated, often with the same type of insulation you’d use in a house.